Dr. Quinteros is a board-certified surgeon in both colon and rectal surgery as well as general surgery. He completed medical school at the University of Illinois Chicago and stayed in Chicago for his residency at the University of Illinois Metropolitan Group Hospitals. He completed his fellowship at AdventHealth University of Central Florida for colon and rectal surgery, graduating in 2014.
He specializes in all aspects of colon and rectal surgery, including transanal surgery, colon and rectal cancer, diverticulitis, hemorrhoid surgery and anorectal surgery. In addition to his colorectal practice, Dr. Quinteros remains passionate about treating general surgery conditions including gallstones and hernias.
Dr. Quinteros, a Chicago area native, joined AmeriCorps for one term of service in the Chicago Public School system after completing college. He is a native Spanish language speaker.
He enjoys playing with his dog, gardening and participating in barbecue competitions.
Highlights of Dr. Quinteros’s Career
- Board Certified in Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Board Certified in General Surgery
- Chairman of Surgery at Thorek Memorial Hospital
- Associate Program Director for Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Proctor and Course Director for Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery (TAMIS) Course
- Proctor and Educator for Minimally Invasive Hemorrhoid Surgery (THD Procedure)
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Fellow of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (FASCRS)
- Member, Guidelines Committee of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Member, Continuing Education Committee of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS)